[gmx-users] Lateral pressure profile in membrane simulations

George Khelashvili gek2009 at med.cornell.edu
Mon Apr 12 02:41:20 CEST 2010

Dear users,

I am attempting to perform 3D pressure tensor calculation on
well-converged all-atom lipid bilayer. I am using modified gromacs and
-rerun option and analyze the output with the tools that is provided on
Martini website. I had following question: I have a production
trajectory from original MD calculations, and I also have separate
snapshots saved once in 100ps. As I understand, for pressure
calculations I need to use -rerun on separate snapshots. Is this the
case? If so, I would get as an output bunch of local_pressure.dat files.
How do I analyze them? One by one? I would greatly appreciate if
somebody can describe the sequence of events that I need to go through
in order to obtain pressure profiles.

Thank you for you assistance,

Sincerely,
George