[gmx-users] segmentation fault with grompp

Gard Nelson gardnersnake23 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 23:25:14 CET 2010

Hi all,
I'm trying to simulate a solvated membrane using Berger's lipids.  When I
run grompp, i get the following error:

checking input for internal consistency...
processing topology...
Opening library file ...lipid.itp
Opening library file ...nb_lipid.itp
Opening library file ...bon_lipid.itp
Opening library file ...ff_dum.itp
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I've tried this on two different machines with two different ff_dum.itp
files with the same results. Moreover, I've never touched the ff_dum.itp
file.  I have modified the other forcefield files, both to include Berger's
lipids as well as other non-standard residues.  It runs fine with solvated
proteins, but this is the first time I've run a system with the membrane, so
i'm guessing the error is coming from there.  I've looked through my files
and cant find any errors.  Does anyone have any ideas of what might be
causing this?

Thanks
Gard Nelson