[gmx-users] topology for a cyclic peptide

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jul 26 01:03:13 CEST 2010

Rebeca García Fandiño wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to get  the topology of a cyclic peptide, but when I try to
> do pdb2pgx I get automatically the correction to a terminal one.
> I have looked in the Gromacs list and I only have found a entry about
> it,  http://osdir.com/ml/science.biology.gromacs.user/2006-08/msg00297.html
> but I cannot find a solution from there.
> Does anyone have any idea about it, please?

You'll have to do a bit of manual work yourself.  I don't entirely understand
the approach quoted above, but running pdb2gxm -ter (choosing "None" for both
termini), then adding all necessary bonded information (bonds, angles,
dihedrals, and impropers) manually should do the trick.

-Justin

> Thanks a lot for your help.
> Best wishes,
>
> Rebeca García
> Santiago de Compostela University
> Spain
>
> <http://serviciosmoviles.es.msn.com/hotmail/movistar.aspx>
> Hotmail prepara novedades y sorpresas en breve, ¡estate atento!
> <http://explore.live.com/windows-live-hotmail>

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar