[gmx-users] energy.edr retrieves deltaG = 0 KJ/mol using g_lie

Hassan Shallal hshallal at PACIFIC.EDU
Mon May 24 10:39:14 CEST 2010

Dear Justin, Thanks alot for the feedback, I forgot to set the Clj and the Cqq and the ligand options for g_lie, I set them and I got the energy calculated and it is reasonable value. I am waiting to do the same thing for the whole complex (protein, ligand and sol) and get an estimate of the free energy of binding...

I still have a question for you and for other users who have done similar free energy calculations using g_lie, do the parameter file I include in this message seem fine? is there something that I missed and you or anyone else thinks I should have included?

Once again thanks alot for the feedback

The .mdp file:

 ;RUN CONTROL PARAMETERS =
integrator          =  md       ; production
tinit               =  0        ; starting time for your run (only makes sense for integrators md, sd and bd)
dt                  =  0.002    ; ps !
nsteps              =  2500000  ; total 5 ns.
nstcomm             =  1        ; frequency for center of mass motion removal
;OUTPUT FREQUENCY OPRIONS FOR COORDINATES, VELOCITIES, AND FORCES =
nstxout                  = 1000    ; frequency to write coordinates to output trajectory file, the last coordinates are always written
nstvout                  = 1000    ; frequency to write velocities to output trajectory, the last velocities are always written
nstfout                  = 0    ; frequency to write forces to output trajectory.
;OUTPUT FREQUENCY OPRIONS FOR ENERGIES =
nstlog                   = 2500 ; frequency to write energies to log file, the last energies are always written
nstenergy                = 1000 ; frequency to write energies to energy file, the last energies are always written
;NEIGHBOR SEARCHING PARAMETERS =
nstlist             =  10       ; neighbor list update frequency
ns_type             =  grid     ; ns algorithm (simple or grid)
pbc                 =  xyz      ; periodic boundary conditions (xyz or none)
rlist               =  1        ; cut-off distance of the short-range neighbor list (nm)
domain-decomposition = no
;OUTPUT FREQUENCY AND PRESISION FOR XTC FILES =
nstxtcout                = 5000  ; frequency to write coordinates to xtc trajectory (STEPS)
xtc-precision            = 1000  ; precision to write to xtc trajectory
energygrps               = SOL UNK
;OPTIONS FOR ELECTROSTATIC AND VDW =
coulombtype         =  Cut-off  ; method of doing electrostatics (Twin range cut-off's with neighborlist cut-off rlist and Coulomb cut-off rcoulomb where rcoulomb ? rlist.)
rcoulomb_switch     =  0        ; where to start switching the Coulomb potential (nm)
rcoulomb            =  1        ; distance for Coulomb cut-off (nm)
epsilon_r           =  1        ; the relative dielectric constant (1 or zero, if zero, means infinity)
vdwtype             =  Cut-off  ; method of doing VDW (Twin range cut-off's with neighbor list cut-off rlist and VdW cut-off rvdw, where rvdw ? rlist.)
rvdw                =  1        ; distance for LJ or Buckingham cut-off (nm)
DispCorr            =  no       ; Don't apply long range dispersion corrections for Energy and Pressure
;OPTIONS FOR TEMPERATURE COUPLING =
Tcoupl              =  v-rescale
tau_t               =  0.1        ; time constant for coupling in ps (one for each group in tc grps), 0 means no temperature coupling
tc_grps             =  System
ref_t               =  298.15
;OPTIONS FOR PRESSURE COUPLING
Pcoupl                   = no
pcoupltype               = isotropic   ; Isotropic pressure coupling with time constant
tau_p                    = 0.5         ; time constant for coupling in ps
compressibility          = 4.5e-05     ; compressibility for water at 1 atm and 300 K
ref_p                    = 1.0