[gmx-users] Installation of gromacs on a cluster with gcc version 4.1.2

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 5 17:28:07 CEST 2010

Hi,

We had issues with 4.1 series compilers, but we are not longer sure if there really
are issues in 4.1.2 and 4.1.3. I would surely avoid 4.1.0 and 4.1.1.
But we found that one or two issues in Gromacs only showed up with 4.1.2 and 4.1.3,
but there were problems in Gromacs, not gcc.
So we are not 100% sure, but version 4.5.1 probably works fine with gcc 4.1.2.

Berk