[gmx-users] Fwd: -pbc nojump

Carsten Kutzner ckutzne at gwdg.de
Wed Oct 27 09:51:28 CEST 2010

Hi,

with the nojump option, your water molecules will slowly
diffuse out of the "home" box and appear far away from your
protein if you display the MD system with VMD or pymol.

You can split your trajectory in two parts (using index groups)
and use different options on them individually:
a) on the water part (and also on the ions, if they are present),
   use trjconv -pbc mol
b) on the rest, use trjconv -pbc nojump

Then overlay both results in the visualization program.

Carsten