[gmx-users] Tutorial

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Aug 18 20:19:11 CEST 2011

Sara baretller wrote:
> Hi justin
>

> in the tutorail you have
>
> It is not necessary to run a complete energy minimization procedure on
> the bilayer, although you can if you want. The .tpr file contains
> information about bonding and periodicity, so it can, in a sense, be
> used to reconstruct "broken" molecules.
>

> when i tried using the minimized gro file i go this error
>
> Fatal error:
> Structure or trajectory file has more atoms (3655) than the topology (1792)

The contents of your topology do not match the structure file.  I don't know
what's wrong.  Presumably, if you have created a .tpr file to do energy
minimization, you have a self-consistent coordinate file and topology.  Either
you're using the wrong files or you've made a modification to the topology that
has messed it up.  I can't guess which.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar