[gmx-users] extract subset from cpt?

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Aug 18 21:02:29 CEST 2011

Roland Schulz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> you can use trjconv for that (or editconf). You probably would want to
> add some waters though.

For trjconv, you can get a coordinate file, but not a .cpt; editconf throws a
fatal error (unless I'm using it wrong, but I tried -f state.cpt).  If you try
to output a .cpt from trjconv, it gives you file.cpt.xtc.  Is there some other
way to preserve a state that's not given in the documentation?  You can write a
.trr file, but that only gives you velocities.

-Justin

> Roland
>
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Peter C. Lai <pcl at uab.edu
> <mailto:pcl at uab.edu>> wrote:
>
>     Is there anyway I can extract a subset of atoms from a cpt file,
>     like I can
>     with trjconv operating on a traj file? I want to remove a ligand and
>     still
>     keep all the remainder of the state information, so I can feed this back
>     into grompp with a modified topology and "continue" a run without
>     the ligand.
>
>     --
>     ==================================================================
>     Peter C. Lai                    | University of Alabama-Birmingham
>     Programmer/Analyst              | BEC 257
>     Genetics, Div. of Research      | 1150 10th Avenue South
>     pcl at uab.edu <mailto:pcl at uab.edu>                     | Birmingham AL
>     35294-4461
>     (205) 690-0808 <tel:%28205%29%20690-0808>                        |
>     Please search the archive at
>     Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the
>     www interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org

> ORNL/UT Center for Molecular Biophysics cmb.ornl.gov <http://cmb.ornl.gov>
> 865-241-1537, ORNL PO BOX 2008 MS6309

Justin A. Lemkul