[gmx-users] RMDS calculation

vferrario at units.it vferrario at units.it
Mon Dec 5 16:42:15 CET 2011

Dear all,

I need to calculate the RMSD of a protein during time. So that I've
calculated the trajectory; for the calculation which tool should I
use? g_rms or g_rmsdist ? Which is the difference between these two
tools? If I'm right the main difference is that with g_rms the
structure at the time t is superimposed to the reference structure
before calculate the RMSD, while with g_rmsdist the RMSD is calculated
without any superimposition, am I correct?

Valerio