[gmx-users] pressure coupling

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Sat Dec 17 07:52:37 CET 2011

On 17/12/2011 5:40 PM, mohammad agha wrote:
> Thank you very much.
> Excuse me, I did another thing, may I know is it right, Please?
> I did editconf before equilibration (pr.mdp) and increased my box
> vector from 11.2 to 12:
> editconf -f em3.gro -o out.gro -c -d 1.0 -bt cubic -box 12 12 12
> -center 6 6 6
> and I minimized my system (out.gro) and then did equilibration
> (pr.mdp). My system gave me warning for box sizes 11.4, 11.6 and 11.8,
> consequently I select 12 and pr.mdp is run without warning.
> Is it right?

We don't know. You've been changing your box volume but haven't said
anything about the contents. You need to look at how the box changes
over the NPT run, like I said last time. If your generated solvent
density was wrong such that you needed to add about 20% more volume,
then expect to need to equilibrate for quite a while.

Mark