[gmx-users] Domain decomposition configuration

Denny Frost dsfrost at cableone.net
Wed Feb 9 21:31:41 CET 2011

I am trying to start a run using domain decomposition on a 5x5x10 nm box
with about 26,000 atoms in it.  I've tried running 8-16 pp nodes, but
gromacs always throws an error saying that there is no domain decomposition
compatible with this box and a minimum cell size of 6.728 nm.  I've tried
many values for -dds and a few dd vectors, but with no luck.  Does anyone
know to get domain decomposition working on a rectangular system like this?