[gmx-users] Sampling windows

Gavin Melaugh gmelaugh01 at qub.ac.uk
Wed Jan 5 17:01:39 CET 2011

Hi Xavier

Many thanks for the reply. When I compare the two curves
Curve 1) lack of overlap in barrier region; force constant = 1000
Curve 2) with increased number of sampling windows with increased force
constant (note I have only increased the force constant of the windows
in the barrier region).
Force constant =1000, Force constant in barrier region  = 5000

The barrier increases due to better sampling in this region (expected),
but the rest of the curve in 2) is shifted upward compared to curve 1).
Why is this so when the only difference is the increased number of
windows and force constant in one region?

Gavin