[gmx-users] Residence time and trjorder

Carla Jamous carlajamous at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 09:52:44 CEST 2011

Dear Xavier,

my problem is the following:

I'm trying to figure out if a water molecule is present in a specific area
around my protein and if so, which water molecule is that and how long does
it stay in that place.

As you said, if I google residence time, here's the definition: *Residence
time* (also known as *removal time*) is the average amount of time that a
particle <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Particle> spends in a particular
system.

But I don't find a tool to calculate this residence time in gromacs, so I'm
trying to find a trick that can give me a pourcentage of the time of my
simulation where a certain water molecule stays in the specific area of my
protein.

Regards,
Carla