[gmx-users] Surface tension readings in NVT vs NPT simulations

Denny Frost dsfrost at cableone.net
Sat Mar 12 17:17:11 CET 2011

Thanks for answering that question about dispersion, that makes sense.
Also, The values I currently get with NPT are around 58 mN/m, while the
average values I get for NVT are around 16 mN/m, but with a variance of
nearly 100% of that value.  I'm beginning to see why you only do pressure
coupling in the z direction, but gromacs 4.5.3 won't let you specify tau_p =
0.  Any other way to do pressure coupling in just the z direction?
Denny