[gmx-users] Replacing a residue and continuing a simulation run

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 06:22:09 CET 2011

Hi :)

I'd say that if the changes are small you should be able to get away
with it. You might want to start off the second part of the run with a
smaller time step to relax, though. If the change is from TRP to TRP*,
you only need to have a modified topology, without touching the
coordinates. You do need to set up a new  .tpr file from the the .trr
and the modified topology.

Hope it helps,

Tsjerk