[gmx-users] Problems with g_membed tools

LindaSong wlsonglinda at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 14:05:26 CET 2011

 Hello all,
I want to use g_membed to insert a protein in POPC. I followed the manual steps. I used the grompp to generate the tpr file. It works well. But when I handed this tpr file to g_membed, it returned this:
Program g_membed, VERSION 4.5.3
Source code file: gmx_membed.c, line: 688

Fatal error:
Trying to remove more lipid molecules than there are in the membrane
Why it tries to remove more lipid molecules than there are in the membrane?
The membrane has 256 lipid molecules. I used PyMol to see the structure of the protein with POPC. The lipids cover the whole protein.
I don't know what's wrong here.
Please help me.
Thank you!

Linda