[gmx-users] do_dssp normalization error

loan.huynh at utoronto.ca loan.huynh at utoronto.ca
Tue Nov 22 05:07:14 CET 2011

Dear Gromacs users,

I used do_dssp to calculate the secondary structure of peptide. From
the output scount.xvg file, the last column shows the number of
residues that is "chain separator". At the end of the scount.xvg file,
the last line provide the percentage of different secondary
structures. The unusual is the normalization includes the "chain
separator" column (see a example below). This seems like an error. Is
there any other suggestion? I re-calculate the percentage of various
secondary structures and leave the "chain separator" out.

Thank you,
Loan

For example:

# do_dssp is part of G R O M A C S: