[gmx-users] Normal Mode Analysis

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 10:54:14 CEST 2011

I've found that in general ussage of cutt-offs beetwen 0.8-1.2 nm might
provide good results.

But now I have some problems with minimization of my initial structure

Firstly, I've performed steep minimization ( emtool=1000,  emstep      =
0.01 ) and than CG minimization (emtool=1,  emstep      = 0.001) but as the
result I've obtain that my struucture didnt minimize properly.
Is there any different strategies for the minimization for the ANM ?

In addition I'd like to know about conditions of such normal mode
simulations. Does this procedure require in the PBC ? ( I've performed all
steps including energy minimization in vacuu)

James