[gmx-users] grompp error

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Apr 23 05:57:52 CEST 2012

On 4/22/12 11:49 PM, Nilesh Dhumal wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am doing solvation dynamics for my system.
>

>   When I am running grompp command I get  the error.
>
> grompp -f md.mdp  -c  solvent-bmi-pf6-128.pdb   -p
> solvent-bmi-pf6-128.top  -o md-rerun.tpr
>

> Fatal error:
> No such combination rule 0
>
> I using Gromacs VERSION 4.0.5.
>

> What this error means?

It means what it says - your force field (presumably a custom one) is using an
invalid combination rule.  See manual section 5.3.3 for valid options, then
check the [defaults] directive for your force field and amend appropriately.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee