[gmx-users] NVT equilibration

Peter C. Lai pcl at uab.edu
Thu Aug 9 15:05:02 CEST 2012

On 2012-08-09 05:56:46AM -0700, Shima Arasteh wrote:
> Thanks for replies.
>
> Some bonds are rotated more than 30 degrees ,as it's written just before turning off the equilibration.
> Is this over-rotation also included in interaction with PBC images?

So the system crashed before LINCS did. Perhaps more energy minimization
would be helpful? See what atoms/residues were misbehaving (when LINCS
throws those errors, it gives you the atom #) and look at its neighbors to
see what sort of large forces might arise.

> Am I supposed to change the rcoulomb and rvdw cutoffs? How would I be sure of a correct changes?

You are supposed to use the cutoffs appropriate for your forcefield.