[gmx-users] PRODRG charges

gpat at bioacademy.gr gpat at bioacademy.gr
Thu Jan 12 12:42:05 CET 2012

Hi

Many thanks for your reply and sorry to come back on this.

Is the fitting to experimental free energies of solvation, the
only acceptable way to get "GROMOS-compatible charges"? Acceptable
because this is the way that partial charges were derived for the
gromos ff.

In the quite usual case that these experimental data are not available
for the ligand one is interested in, are DFT/ESP charges acceptable?

Thanks again.
George