[gmx-users] About pdb2gmx

vidhya sankar scvsankar_agr at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 29 15:39:28 CEST 2012

Dear Justin Thank you for your previous reply

When i run the .pdb2gmx_d -f 1OG2O.pdb -o 1OG2O.gro  -p 1OG2O.top   -renum
It runs successfully. But i have on issue. My PDB contains  HIS residues in both chain A and B I have selected

GROMOS96 53a6 force field (JCC 2004 vol 25 pag 1656)
The .rtp file of this force field does not contain  any [ HIS ] residue

so it takes HIS as HISE  as shown in the cmd prompt
will ti leads to any poor construction of topology and .gro files ? . How to solve this error?

Analysing hydrogen-bonding network for automated assigment of histidine
 protonation. 682 donors and 670 acceptors were found.
There are 849 hydrogen bonds
Will use HISE for residue 78
Will use HISE for residue 184
Will use HISE for residue 230
Will use HISE for residue 251
Will use HISE for residue 276
Will use HISE for residue 316
Will use HISE for residue 344
Will use HISE for residue 353
Will use HISD for residue 368
Will use HISE for residue 396
Will use HISE for residue 410
Will use HISE for residue 411
Will use HISE for residue 411
Identified residue PRO30 as a starting terminus.
Identified residue HIS411 as a ending terminus.
8 out of 8 lines of specbond.dat converted successfully

Processing chain 2 'B' (3702 atoms, 462 residues)
Analysing hydrogen-bonding network for automated assigment of histidine
 protonation. 682 donors and 670 acceptors were found.
There are 830 hydrogen bonds
Will use HISE for residue 78
Will use HISE for residue 184
Will use HISE for residue 230
Will use HISE for residue 251
Will use HISE for residue 276
Will use HISE for residue 316
Will use HISE for residue 344
Will use HISE for residue 353
Will use HISD for residue 368
Will use HISE for residue 396
Will use HISE for residue 410
Will use HISE for residue 411
Will use HISE for residue 411
Identified residue PRO30 as a starting terminus.
Identified residue HIS411 as a ending terminus.
8 out of 8 lines of specbond.dat converted successfully

Thanks in Advance
With Regards

S.Vidhyasankar