[gmx-users] RMSD sudden jump

Davide Mercadante dmer018 at aucklanduni.ac.nz
Tue Mar 13 23:37:16 CET 2012

Hi Tsjerk,

thanks very much for your prompt reply.
I checked the last 5ns rmsd against an average structure calculated in the
same time range and effectively the system seems to be converging (I
attached the graph).

However, the switch seems unlikely as the protein seems to lose part of its
fold.?!
Could that be an artifact of the forcefield or something similar?

Should I repeat the MD using a different ff? Could this help?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Cheers,
Davide