[gmx-users] Problem installing Gromacs: What next?

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Mar 18 19:12:16 CET 2012

Suhaila Haji Mohd Hussin wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I already installed fftw3. After unpacking it, I install via the following:
>
> ./configure
>      make
>      make install
>

> But after that the instructions are not clear to me. Like, it's not
> telling where do I download Gromacs tar?
> Or do I need to type some command from fftw so that Gromacs should
> automatically built?

Gromacs uses fftw libraries and headers for certain functions.  You do not need
to invoke any specific commands from fftw.

> I'm so confused. The instructions for beginners are very vague &
> frustrating.

If you have specific feedback for improving the instructions, you're welcome to
provide it.  The instructions are assembled by users and improved by users.
We've worked very hard to make sequential instructions available.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee