[gmx-users] rapid change in angles of simulation cell - regd

ramesh cheerla rameshgromacs at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 20:02:28 CEST 2012

Dear Gromacs users,

                                     I am performing simulations
(crystalline)  of  a polymer crystal in Gromacs,  for these
simulations I have generated a triclinic box with angles alpha=90,
beta=125.4 and gamma=90 degrees by using editconf,  while doing  so it
has given the  warning   "WARNING: Triclinic box is too skewed".  with
generation of the output.
 In the next step I  have done energy minimization with this skewed
box, by doing so what I have observed is that,  in first step of
minimization itself beta value  is changing from 125.4 to 102 degrees.
 What might be the reason for this large change ?  and How can I fix this ?
 The .mdp file that I have used for minimization is as follows:

integrator    = steep
emtol         = 1
emstep        = 0.001
nsteps        = 1000