[gmx-users] muliple GPU crash

bv07ay bv07ay at brocku.ca
Mon Apr 15 19:16:12 CEST 2013

I have installed gromacs 4.6.1 on my cluster with dual GTX 670's.  The system
works well and fast utilizing both GPUs, but as soon as the simulation
crashes or i choose to stop it mid-run, my cluster crashes hard needing a
manual reboot.

I have twice reinstalled it to insure there were no installation errors but
the problem persists.  Unfortunately i only have one such system to test it
on so i am unsure if it is a gromacs error or a cluster specific error(maybe
a problem with MPI installation or such).  Has anyone else tried more then 1
GPU and come across this problem or does it work fine?

Thanks,

Brad