[gmx-users] Dynamics of the salt-bridges

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Feb 3 18:59:35 CET 2013

On 2/3/13 12:36 PM, James Starlight wrote:
> Justin,
>
> 1 )for example I want to select in index file only all asp, glu and
> his residues ( I could find selection by residue type only).

What you would do is create a complement to that group - keep all the Asp, Glu,
and His charged and use -zeroq to remove charges on all other atoms.

> 2) Than I'd like that gromacs compute dynamics of the distance between
> that charge groups (providing only truncated .tpr file as the input)

Don't use a truncated .tpr file - you'll have problems.

> but only. Could other than g_saltbr gromacs tools be used for that
> (E,g g_dist ) ?

Yes, iterative calls to g_dist can easily be scripted.  In that case, though,
we're talking about something different - you would need each residue (or
representative atoms thereof) in its own separate group to measure distances
between them.

Research Scientist
Department of Biochemistry
Virginia Tech