[gmx-users] number of coordinates in coordinate file (system.gro, 10019) does not match topology (topol.top, 17093)

swati rana swati.rana088 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 17:14:33 CET 2013

Thanx a lot that helped... but now there is one more issue. I am consulting
the site for each and every error and getting most of the help but these
are few which i am not able to resolve even after referring to the site.

After running the energy minimization step i am facing the following error:

Program grompp, VERSION 4.5.5
Source code file: /build/buildd/gromacs-4.5.5/src/gmxlib/confio.c, line: 801

Fatal error:
Something is wrong in the coordinate formatting of file system.gro. Note
that gro is fixed format (see the manual)
I am not able to understand that in system.gro file do we have to do the
change in the no of atoms according to the inflated_system.gro file or not.
Another thing is if i am adding Chloride ions to equalize the charge do i
have to reduce the no of POPC molecules or not. Kindly suggest what should
be done i looked into the system.gro file and also the line it is referring
to i did not find anything unusual. But there is a catch its the same
molecule LEU which was having link to NH3.

Please suggest what should be done.

Thanks in advance.