[gmx-users] Test particle insertion method

Rafael I. Silverman y de la Vega rsilverm at ucsc.edu
Sun Nov 24 23:16:16 CET 2013

At the end of the .top file, add an entry for the test particle (make sure
its a separate entity from the SOL, even though it will probably be named
SOL also), at the end of the .gro structure file add the molecule to be
inserted. Update all relevant particle numbers in the files you altered.
grompp with the appropriate .mdp file and then mdrun, with the -rerun
option and the trajectory file as the input there.

tpic is a little more involved, but its still do-able.
When I alter the trajectory file for tpic, I turn it first into a .gro,
then add all the empty coordinate to every frame (this coordinate counts as
a particle for the particle number at the top of every frame.) Then use
trjconv to turn this multiframe .gro back into a .xtc or .trr file.

Hope that helps
~Rafael