[gmx-users] Free energy of a surfactant with a counterion

Humberto Saint-Martin xibastmp at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 19:13:57 CET 2013

Hi all. I am trying to compute the free energy of a surfactant with its
counterion, the only interaction of the counterion with the surfactant being
Coulombic. I get an error message that the counterion is not bound to the
surfactant. At first I thought on defining a very weak "bonded interaction",
but then I noticed option "5" to state that there is a bond that does not
seem to need any other interaction than Coulombic. I tried just to put the
counterion and some atom of the surfactant "bonded" with option "5", but did
not succeed. Has anybody tried (successfully) to do this?