[gmx-users] Bilayer thickness

Archana Sonawani-Jagtap ask.archana at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 14:00:42 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have used Grid-Mat program for calculating bilayer thickness and area per
lipid for POPC bilayer.

For bilayer thickness, without peptide, it provides the lateral area of
system in angstrom sq. and also APL. (keeping APL as no)

I separately calculated the APL with peptide, It also provides the lateral
area of system and APL.(keeping thickness as no)

which lateral area has to be considered as the thickness of the bilayer in
terms of nm? both have different values. I am confused.

which values should be reported for thickness and APL?

Please help me.

--
Archana Sonawani-Jagtap
Senior Research Fellow,