[gmx-users] free energy caculation error

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Apr 9 14:10:52 CEST 2014

On 4/9/14, 6:41 AM, jane wrote:
> Hi all,
> I want to caculate the free energy of a molecule, but when I run the MD, it
> appears the error: "There is no domain decomposition for 8 nodes that is
> compatible with the given box and a minimum cell size of 4.44444 nm. Change
> the number of nodes or mdrun option -rdd or -dds".However, even though i
> added the -rdd and -dds, the error is same as the previous. my mdp file as
> follows.

Use fewer processors.  Not all systems can be decomposed into any arbitrary
number of DD cells; there are limits related to cell size.  Your system is too
small to be effectively split over 8 nodes.

-Justin

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601