[gmx-users] Is viscosity increasing in the system due to the protein unfolding?

fatemeh ramezani fr_750 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 29 12:30:17 CEST 2014

Dear Gromacs users

I performed a simulation about the protein adsorption on the gold surface. Protein fluctuation increased and it  denatured after 10 ns simulation. By calculating the viscosity of system by g_energy -f x.edr -o visc.xvg, I founded that viscosity is increasing during the simulation. Due to the fact that by unfolding of protein its viscosity increase, can I relate the viscosity arising to the unfolding of protein?

Fatemeh Ramezani