[gmx-users] how to compile and make a C analyzing code under GROMACS 5.0

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 18:45:34 CEST 2014

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 6:05 PM, qiaobf <qiaobf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Mark,
>
> Thanks a lot for your kind help. I have corrected the linkages to the
> heading files. However, I got a few more problems:
> 1)  The math library is not recognized when compiling. See below for the
> error message. Is there a way to add the flag of "-lm" under cmake? For
> instance, "gcc test.c -lm -o test" works where sqrt is also used.
>
>> undefined reference to symbol 'sqrt@@GLIBC_2.2.5'

Yes, you can add linker flags using the normal CMake mechanisms. Google's
your friend here, but probably cmake -DCMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS=-lm might
help.

>  2) If the line with "sqrt" function is commented out, the g_density2 can
> be successfully generated. however, the "./g_density2 -h" is not working to
> display the help contents. Could you please give me some suggestions?

Things change. ;-) If you're deliberately bypassing the new wrapper binary,
then you won't get the functionality it supports, like the new help module
output.

Mark