[gmx-users] A question about "blowing up"

sujithkakkat . sujithks58 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 14:42:05 CET 2014

Hello Justin,

  Thank you for the comments. While following the free energy calculation
in the tutorial, I found that the constrains are switched on , while going
from the minimization procedure to the NVT equilibration and the final
results were pretty accurate. I guess that depends on the type of
calculation and the system studied.

On a side note, I found the value of free energy calculated to be -9.56
kJ/mol instead of -9.25 kJ/mol which you obtained. I am sure I followed
everything as in the tutorial and I am using Gromacs-4.6.5. I hope the
difference is not too worrying.

Regards,

Sujith.