[gmx-users] g_angle

ayşe K akafali84 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 26 21:42:36 CET 2014

I used OPLS force field and I defined improper dihedral for aromatic rings to keep them planar. I calculated the distribution of the dihedral angle in between aromatic rings of biphenyl with  below comment.
g_angle_d -f traj.xtc -n dihed1.ndx -type dihedral -od dihdist.xvg

As I know, It is possible to calculate the angle distribution by choosing the "type" as dihedral, improper, or ryckaert-bellemans. However when I choose type as improper, I got the same result with dihedral type chose. How can I solve this problem?
Thanks,
Ayse.