[gmx-users] PBC problem in bilayer system

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Sep 15 19:04:39 CEST 2014

On 9/15/14 12:11 PM, shahab shariati wrote:
> Dear Justin
>
> Very very thanks for your time and consideration.
>
> Excuse me for many questions.
>
> I want to make sure my trajectory is valid and accurate for analysis and
> then for writing related paper.

It is.

> My last question is that can I use this trajectory for doing analysis such
> as
>
> g_traj, g_dist, g_density, g_rdf, g_order, g_msd, g_hbond .............?

Sure.  Gromacs tools handle PBC effects just fine.  You're getting hung up on
something that's simply measured crudely.  The absolute z-coordinate in this
case means very little, precisely for the reasons we've been saying.  The
difference in z-coordinate between the drug molecules and the bilayer, provided
that it is measured consistently, is a much more informative metric, assuming
you're using it to indicate binding events.  The raw output of g_traj in this
case is not very useful.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601