[gmx-users] including .itp file to system

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Dec 9 17:32:47 CET 2015

On 12/9/15 10:52 AM, Alex Mathew wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> i wanted to perform a Protein-Ligand Simulation,i created .itp,psf,.par etc
> files for ligand and am able to make topol.top and conf.gro or the protein
> using pdb2gmx .Forcefield is CHARMM27 Now i im confused how to include
> ligand into my system.as per tutorial we are provided with .gro file but in
> case of charmm forcefiled i didnt get any .gro file.

You don't need a .gro file; GROMACS happily accepts most coordinate formats.
Probably .pdb is the most convenient for moving from CHARMM to GROMACS.

Or just upload everything to CHARMM-GUI and have it build the system and give
you all the inputs you need.  Note that CHARMM27 is not a protein force field.
What you're using is CHARMM22/CMAP.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629