[gmx-users] lower Area per lipid for DPPC with CHARMM36

tarak karmakar tarak20489 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 07:09:37 CET 2015

Hi Justin,
Still there is some problem. In the short equilibration I've got the good
value of the Area per lipid. But now in the production run, it kept on
decreasing. Presently, the value is ~56 A^2. The following .mdp has been
used.

title        = NPT
integrator    = md        ; Algorithm ("md" = molecular dynamics [leap-frog
integrator]; "md-vv" = md using velocity verlet; sd = stochastic dynamics)
dt        = 0.002        ; Time-step (ps)
nsteps        = 5000000    ; Number of steps to run (0.002 * 500000 = 1 ns)

; Parameters controlling output writing
nstxout        = 10000         ; Write coordinates to output .trr file
every 2 ps
nstvout        = 10000         ; Write velocities to output .trr file every
2 ps
nstenergy    = 10000         ; Write energies to output .edr file every 2 ps
nstlog        = 1000         ; Write output to .log file every 2 ps

; 7.3.9 Neighbor Searching
nstlist                 = 10            ; [steps] freq to update neighbor
list
ns_type                 = grid          ; method of updating neighbor list
pbc                     = xyz           ; periodic boundary conditions in
all directions

cutoff-scheme = Verlet

vdwtype = cutoff
vdw-modifier = force-switch
rlist = 1.2
rvdw = 1.2
rvdw-switch = 1.0

; 7.3.10 Electrostatics
coulombtype             = PME           ; Particle-Mesh Ewald electrostatics
rcoulomb                = 1.2           ; [nm] distance for Coulomb cut-off
fourierspacing          = 0.12          ; [nm] grid spacing for FFT grid
when using PME
pme_order               = 4             ; interpolation order for PME, 4 =
cubic
ewald_rtol              = 1e-5          ; relative strength of
Ewald-shifted potential at rcoulomb

DispCorr = no

; Temperature coupling parameters
tcoupl        = Nose-Hoover            ; Modified Berendsen thermostat
using velocity rescaling
tc-grps        = DPPC SOL_Ion    ; Define groups to be coupled separately
to temperature bath
tau_t        = 0.5    0.5    ; Group-wise coupling time constant (ps)
ref_t        = 323    323    ; Group-wise reference temperature (K)

; Pressure coupling parameters
pcoupl        = Parrinello-Rahman        ; Pressure coupler used under NPT
conditions
pcoupltype    = semiisotropic            ; Isotropic scaling in the x-y
direction, independent of the z direction
tau_p        = 5.0                ; Coupling time constant (ps)
ref_p        = 1.0    1.0            ; Reference pressure for coupling,
x-y, z directions (bar)
compressibility = 4.5e-5    4.5e-5        ; Isothermal compressibility
(bar^-1)

; Initial Velocity Generation
gen_vel        = no            ; Velocity is read from the previous run
nstcomm        = 1            ; COM removal frequency (steps)
comm_mode    = Linear        ; Remove COM translation (linear / angular /
no)
comm_grps    = DPPC SOL_Ion    ; COM removal relative to the specified
groups

; Parameters for treating bonded interactions
constraints    = all-bonds    ; Which bonds/angles to constrain (all-bonds
/ hbonds / none / all-angles / h-angles)
constraint_algorithm = LINCS    ; Constraint algorithm (LINCS / SHAKE)
lincs_iter    = 1        ; Number of iterations to correct for rotational
lengthening in LINCS (related to accuracy)
lincs_order    = 4        ; Highest order in the expansion of the
constraint coupling matrix (related to accuracy)
continuation    = no        ; Whether a fresh start or a continuation from
a previous run (yes/no)
Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks,
Tarak