[gmx-users] How can I use template.c to calculate single point energy?

张紫丹 zhangzidan at tju.edu.cn
Thu Jun 25 07:23:34 CEST 2015

Dear GROMACS users:
Is it possible to use template.c to calculate single point energy? I know template.c can analyze the trajectory information. Now I want to calculate a specific system, which contains several configurations generating from the quaternion rotations, these configurations are independent from each other, the single point energies of them are required for my purpose.
I have got the single point energies using script to invoke grompp and mdrun, but it’s not efficient. So I want to implement the calculation through template.c, in which I can read in topology parameters, calculate single point energies and print them out.
To put it simply, can I invoke modules (read in parameters from force field like oplsaa, calculate bonded energies, nonbonded energies) in gromacs into template.c and do what I want?
I am appreciate to any response and thank you very much for your time.

--

Zidan Zhang
Ph.D. Candidate
E-mail: zhangzidan at tju.edu.cn