[gmx-users] GMX_LARGEFILES looks ignored in cmake of gromacs-5.0.5

Makoto Yoneya makoto-yoneya at aist.go.jp
Thu Jun 25 10:13:58 CEST 2015

Dear Mark:

> I think you will need to use a 64 bit mingw with GROMACS 5 and up.

Thank you for the comments.
I'd tried MinGW-64 (acturally TDM-GCC-64) and succeeded to build
64bit gromacs-5.0.5 on a windows PC.
However, I need 32bit gromacs-5.0.5 binary for 32bit windows PCs.
Then, I'd tried "-m32" option to build 32bit version with TDM-GCC-64
and it failed with many errors.

A solution I'd found was change some lines in the file,
"gmxTestLargeFiles.cmake", to somehow re-activate GMX_LARGEFILES option.
Then I could build gromacs-5.0.5 for 32bit windows PCs with TDM-GCC-32
(I'd used it because of newer GCCs than MinGW32).
See
https://staff.aist.go.jp/makoto-yoneya/MDonWINPC/
for the patch and full cmake options.
Hope it helps.