[gmx-users] add. residue in topology database

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Mar 11 12:33:15 CET 2015

On 3/11/15 6:22 AM, Daniele Veclani wrote:
> Dear users
>
> I'm trying to build the topology files for a box with 1000 molecules of
> water and an organic molecule.
>
> when I use pdb2gmx come out the error: "OUB7 not found in residue topology
> database"
>
> how do I put this residue in the database?
>
> I have a .itp file for this molecule.

If you have an .itp file, you don't need pdb2gmx at all.  The topology for an
organic molecule in water is trivially simple:

#include (parent force field)
#include water_model.itp
#include organic_molecule.itp

[ system ]
whatever

[ molecules ]
organic 1
water   N

If you want to add it to the .rtp, see
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Adding_a_Residue_to_a_Force_Field
but you'll just be investing a lot of unnecessary time when the above approach
takes a few moments in a text editor.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629