[gmx-users] OPLS/AA support for DNA

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Mar 26 23:13:31 CET 2015

On 3/26/15 6:10 PM, Alex wrote:
> Yeah, I agree with Justin, this is pretty half-baked. On the other hand, I
> am not after conformational changes, ds-DNA simulations, or things of that
> nature. The things I am interested in would be mostly affected by the
> partial charges and vdW parameters, and all of those seem to be from
> standard oplsaa.

Everything in force fields is interrelated, and nucleic acids are particularly
prone to deficiencies in bonded parameters, as the backbone dynamics are highly
correlated.  There's a reason why nucleic acid force fields (especially in the
AMBER and CHARMM families) have undergone continual development for the better
part of 20 years.

See, for instance, dx.doi.org/10.1021/jz500557y

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore