[gmx-users] gmx5.0.2 with GPU acceleration problem

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 15:09:59 CET 2015

Hi Chungwen,

I run on Piz Daint on a regular basis and never had these issues. The
only reason for such a thing to happen is that some strange rank over
nodes distribution ends up leaving some nodes without PP rank.

Could you please post a log file (thread pastebin or something
similar) of the failing run?

BTW, you know that you are almost always better off running
OMP_NUM_THREADS<8 (and -N > 1)?

--
Szilárd