[gmx-users] combining OPLS Protein and Berger Lipids

Vitaly V. Chaban vvchaban at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 13:35:30 CET 2015

Strictly speaking, whatever you combine is wrong, because the Berger FF
uses hand-adjusted parameters in view of experimental data, while OPLS does
not. Therefore, the inter-molecular Berger-OPLS parameters are incorrect,
both the weak part and the electrostatic part, since Berger akyl chains do
not have a dipole moment. However, if you assume these inter-molecular
interactions to be relatively weak, you will be able to model them more
approximately, e.g. via the combination rules.