[gmx-users] Compiling DSSP-2.2.1 from source

João Henriques joao.m.a.henriques at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 13:09:53 CEST 2017

Dear users and developers,

I have compiled DSSP from source a bunch of times in the past, but I
stopped being able to do it recently.

I've set the make.config file appropriately, since my boost (version
1.59.0_3) was installed through MacPorts:

BOOST_LIB_SUFFIX = -mt
BOOST_LIB_DIR    = /opt/local/lib
BOOST_INC_DIR    = /opt/local/include

However, upon hitting "make" I get a lot of boost related warnings, which
culminate in the following error:

linking mkdssp
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-pthread'
[-Wunused-command-line-argument]
ld: library not found for -lcrt0.o
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)
make: *** [mkdssp] Error 1

I googled a bit and found nothing particularly useful. Has anyone seen this
before and/or have any idea of what's going on?

I'm trying to install this on a Mac laptop with all software up to date, be
it Xcode, MacPorts, etc. My g++ version is: Apple LLVM version 8.1.0
(clang-802.0.42)

Thank you for your attention,
Best regards,
João