[gmx-users] Simulation in vacuum

Erik Marklund erik.marklund at kemi.uu.se
Fri Jan 20 11:31:03 CET 2017

Dear Mijiddorj,

We have had good energy conservation with bond constraints and a 1 fs time step under double precision, using a setup similar to yours. We did not remove rotation however, because we wanted to honour the rotational temperature of the system. Whether that is an important choice or not is for you to decide, but do note that the spinning ice cube effect is an artefact arising from the thermostat, which is turned off in your setup.

Whether bonds should be constrained or not is related to what your scientific questions are, and the time step depends on what bonds are constrained, if any. I can’t remember what LINCS parameters we used, but be prepared to increase the order and/or iter. Consult the manual for details.

Kind regards,
Erik

Erik Marklund, PhD
Marie Skłodowska Curie INCA Fellow