[gmx-users] Why should I update my Gromacs to v. 5.x?

Simone Bolognini simo.bolognini at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 09:22:52 CET 2017

Dear all,
for the past two years I have been a Gromacs 4.6.5 user because I was using
it in combination with an old version of Plumed (v. 2.0.2). Now I'm
starting to consider to update my Plumed code so that I can use it with the
latest version of Gromacs. This is going to take some time and at least a
few days of coding, so I was wondering: are there particular reasons to
give up on 4.6.x and update to 5.x? If so, which ones? Consider that I do
not need GPU acceleration.

Thanks a lot for your answers!
Simone

--