[gmx-users] 5' phosphate of RNA

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jun 20 02:57:29 CEST 2017

On 6/19/17 8:55 AM, Mohammad fat habadi wrote:
> DEAR Users
> I have a RNA that has phosphate(P,OP,OP2,OP3) on 5’.
> IN RNA and DNA, 3’ has phosphate and 5‘ doesn’t it and for this all Force fields don’t know phosphate atoms on 5’ of RNA.
> pdb2gmx  make an error.
> IF I delete 5’ phosphate atoms, I don’t have any problems.
> How can I solve this problem without deleting 5’ phosphate.

To keep the phosphate, you need to add a suitable rna.n.tdb entry in whatever
force field you're using.  Most force fields may not support this.  CHARMM does,
but it's not implemented in the GROMACS port.  You can get the parameters from
the CHARMM force field files - look in top_all36_na.rtf (PRES 5PHO).

http://mackerell.umaryland.edu/charmm_ff.shtml#charmm

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629