[gmx-users] Regarding minimum size

Chhavi Yadav cy1235 at nyu.edu
Mon Mar 12 21:53:28 CET 2018

I wrote this code and was running the debugger:

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {

    int rc;
    MD mdrunner;
    rc = mdrunner.mainFunction(argc, argv);
    printf("Potential Energy from integrator: %.6f\n", mdrunner.epot);

    mdrunner.epot = 0;

    t_state *t = mdrunner.globalState.get();
    t->x[0][0] = 10.0;
    t->x[0][1] = 10.0;
    t->x[0][2] = 10.0;

    rc = mdrunner.mainFunction(argc, argv);
    printf("Potential Energy from integrator: %.6f\n", mdrunner.epot);

    return rc;

}

OUTPUT:

Reading file 1aki/1AKI.tpr, VERSION
2018-dev-20180223-a989b355c-dirty-unknown (single precision)

NOTE: disabling dynamic load balancing as it is not supported in reruns.

No option -multi
No option -multi
No option -multi
No option -multi
No option -multi
No option -multi
No option -multi
No option -multi
Using 8 MPI threads
starting md rerun 'LYSOZYME', reading coordinates from input trajectory
'1aki/1AKI.gro'

Reading frames from gro file 'LYSOZYME;', 1960 atoms.

Reading frame       0 time    0.000
WARNING: Some frames do not contain velocities.
         Ekin, temperature and pressure are incorrect,
         the virial will be incorrect when constraints are present.

Last frame          0 time    0.000

               Core t (s)   Wall t (s)        (%)
       Time:        0.961        0.120      800.0
                 (ns/day)    (hour/ns)
Performance:        0.719       33.377
Potential Energy from integrator: -8519.961914

NOTE: disabling dynamic load balancing as it is not supported in reruns.

Program:     GROMACS, version 2018-dev-20180308-65a7ab86c-dirty-unknown
Source file: src/gromacs/domdec/domdec.cpp (line 6571)
MPI rank:    0 (out of 8)

Fatal error:
There is no domain decomposition for 8 ranks that is compatible with the
given
box and a minimum cell size of 5.81734 nm
Change the number of ranks or mdrun option -rdd or -dds
Look in the log file for details on the domain decomposition